Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day Fifteen

We packed all of our things up and made our way to the bus that was taking us to Sevilla. All of us huddled around the bus to have the driver put our bags on the bus and then some of us waited on the bus and some waited outside. It was clear that when they were still trying to stuff the 18+ bags on this bus after 25 minutes that the bus was too small. We call for another bus and wait for 30 minutes for it to arrive, which gave us time to get breakfast, I didn't get anything though. The bus finally arrived, and believe me it was more like an oversized coach bus, everyone got their own row with many more to spare. We finally hit the road and started our 2 hour drive to Cordoba. We decided to stop in Cordoba for a couple of hours because of the well known Mezquita. We arrived to Cordoba and I don't think I have ever been so hot. We made our trek to the Mezquita and it was like nothing I had ever seen. We roamed around inside and took a ton of pictures.  After about 2 hours of walking around, we eat a quick lunch and then head back to the bus. It took about an hour or so to get to Sevilla and once there we found our hotel. Considering our living conditions in Madrid, this hotel is like the ritz. Most rooms are only 2 people, I got roomed with Robert. It is a lot better than 4 people. We had around a 2 hour siesta time and in that time we all checked out the pool on the roof and just relaxed. We went to an early dinner and then got some ice cream. I had a chocolate shake, it was so good! I can't wait to have American food back in Houston. We walked around the city a bit, but not very long because it was so hot. We got back and had our usual nightly meeting with the leaders and headed to bed. I stayed up till 1 working on my photography book because I want to get it done before we get back to Houston. 

No comments:

Post a Comment