Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day Fourteen

Today was our last day in Granada, we are moving on to Cordoba and then to Sevilla tomorrow. Today was the long awaited free day. The girls were finally getting their shopping day they had been asking for since day one. We didn't have to be downstairs until 1:30 in the afternoon, nothing can beat that. We woke up at around 10:45 and hit the town at around noon. I had a goal to buy a gift for everyone in my family. I succeeded in buying something for everyone, it was not easy. Tomorrow is Brandon's birthday and the leaders have been planning a "birthday lunch" with cake and all and today was that day. The group with Brandon was to be back at 2 and the ones not a 1:30. It ended up being just me and Brandon towards the end of the trek around the city so I had to keep him from going back to the hostal. It was not easy because he kept wanting to go back and I kept on saying no we need to shop some more, even when I was so sick of walking around. Finally at 2, we made our way back to the hostal and we went to the courtyard where everyone was waiting. It was definitely a surprise to Brandon. We had a good lunch, left over pasta and salad from the night before and a cook cake. We had a short siesta time after lunch and I worked on my assignments the whole time because the list keep growing as each day goes by. Once our siesta time was over, we had class to learn how to send in our work to National Geographic, which I'm still indifferent about. After that, the teachers talked to us about camera stuff and we went out to do an assignment. We were then given the chance to work on our on assignment project but since we had enough pictures already, we decided to go to a cafe and get drinks to cool off. Tonight, we all dressed up and went to a nice restaurant that looked out on the Alhambra. It was a great view and the food was awesome; a five course meal! Talk about a lot of food. I got the chance the try blood sausage and goose liver. They actually weren't that bad. After a good meal, we headed back to the hostal to pack and go to sleep. These 10 days here in Granada have been wicked awesome but I'm sure Cordoba,  Sevilla, and Cadiz will be just as cool.

1 comment: