Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day Three

After grabbing a quick roll at the hostel,  we headed to the Prado Museum where we had a tour guide that spoke english. It was a very dark museum, inside that is, and because we didn't get much sleep the night before, I fell asleep standing up. Don't get me wrong, it was really cool. After our two hour tour, we break up into groups. Some went to the Royal Palace, some went to the soccer stadium, and some went to the photography exhibit. I was in the group that went to the Palace. We made it to the Palace after having a really good lunch of paella. I remember seeing the Palace the previously in the trip and was astonished by it, so I couldn't wait to go inside. We started the tour in the medicine room, it was insane. We were surrounded by erns full of everykind of medicine in the world, I guess the Royal King was a hypochondriac. From the medicine room, we made way to the pantry, which was just like the medicine room, except with every spice in the world. From there, we went to the kitchen, or should I say Chemistry Laboratory. If only Mrs. Lowerre could have been there. From there, we walked through all of the open rooms. I must say, it was a bit too ornate, but really awesome. After we finished our walk through of the Royal Palace, we went back to the hostel where we split up and had little class lessons. I'm still slowly getting used to my camera, these things are quite confusing but fun. Once our short class session was over, we headed out to a park to take pictures and eat dinner. I took a lot of pictures of the children, when the parents didn't get pissed and scream at you and words you have never heard before. We split up into groups and had a great dinner! I now know a spanish tortilla is not regular tortilla, but just pretty much an egg omelet with just eggs, but it was delicious. After a full day out in the city, we headed back to get some shut eye.

1 comment: